Monday, December 5, 2011

What's to Come

We hope the grade 6 students learned a thing or two from us. We hope that they have a more clear understanding of things than they did before. And we hope that they are satisfied with everything! In the future, we hope we can  help more students with their ability to learn.


Jesse:
When I was like in gr 4 and stuff and sort of my backup job if I don't make it , I wanted to become a teacher. But now I got a chance to be a teacher, I'm scared. Children are hard to deal with and I'm not good of a planner or teaching. Plus, it was hard giving directions and helping 15 kids at the same time. The students were like, "Hey","I need help,"," Please come check my answers?" and all of those things that really bug me. Also, some of them were really physically annoying because they dragged on my clothes and asked us why we were there and hogged me all to themselves. I do help them after all of their aggressiveness, but at the same time I have to pay attentions to the one that are really quiet and aren't in the mood and are all lost in their own little world. Like I help those who needed help and I was also going around and asking who needs help. I thought to myself, while I'm teaching, why not do a good job at it because it's my first and probably the last time I'm ever going to have an opportunity to teach, so yeah. There was this one kid, he had a calculator in his desk so I was like, "Use your calculator." because I was getting busy and I was getting tired so. Riley just left because she didn't do anything and Caue helped this Maurizio guy a lot so basically, it was up to me to become the hero of the day or the bigger man and help everybody. And plus, I don't know if I was nicer of whatever but the kids kept on asking me and no other people. What I liked about running around helping everybody was getting to know all of the grade 6s names that I didn't know before. Even though I forgot them all now, it was pretty great. In my opinion, i like helping the girls better because they weren't pushy or rushy or rude. The guys were vice versa, though some guys were really nice though. I used this time for helping me remember what I used to learn in grade 6. I have to admit some the grade 6 students are cute, some of them are really stubborn and don't listen and some of them are like super duper smart! I was amaze by their ability to understand and do math quickly. Remember grade 6, pshh, I was slow but great at math. I know for a fact that I will never be a teacher! I suck at it, no doubt, I will NEVER improve, and  I praise all my teachers now for their hard work. I can't believe what they have to deal with everyday because I know I can't. No matter how or what I end up like in the future, I will never pick teaching as a job. I just can't and never will or else I'll look like my granny at the age of twenty whatever. Teaching will never be my option ughh. Using the laptop to figure out the multiplying problem. I was allover the place, I helped whoever need help. I felt good and amzing and praised by little kids by the first time in my life.Grade 6 was a pain in the uhmm lower back. Going into a grade 6 classroom felt a lot different and gave me some memories of what I did atmy old schoolin grade 6. I never went to the grade 6 room, so my first time in there was a little intimidating and I usually don't get with little kids. Mr Miele sounds like a good grade 6 teacher compared to my old grade 6 teacher.


Caue: The in school project waspretty much us as in Nga and me goingto help the little grade6 sers with math. The topic waslong division. Mr M has already taught them, we're just there for asistance. After doing 2 long exmaples on the board, they were on their own and we were circulating around. We also did exmaples on the laptop, Nga went first then I went.It was cool helping little Gr 6ers with math. It was a good review. Mr Miele was a sick! I fooled those little grade 6ser. They thought I was a stupid person because I wanted to fool them and I put on a fake answer, then they made fun of me then I fixed it. I'm smart. I was helping one guy in particular and he got all the answers right when I helped him and it mademe felt good. At the end of the class, he managed to do all of the question alll by himself. I used this as a learning opportunity for me. I helped on kid from beginning to end, his name is Maurizio. It was pretty darn great. I love the experience. Remembering myself, I was pretty smart in grade 6. I knew like everything. Well, almost everything. Maurizio is a great guy! He's like my favorite grade 6 because he plays a lot of games like me. Nga and I are a great team when it comes to helping math because we both have really good experiences with it after being totured by our grade 6 teacher! :P



Riley: I tried helping even though I forgot what was what again. Since I didn't do Gr 6 here, I thought the classroom was bigger and better. I definitely felt different, I remember my Gr 6 teacher was really mean and now I see Mr Miele, it's quite better.




Rates             Nga                 Riley                 Caue<- Person giving
Nga                  3                     3                        3
Riley               0.5                   0                        1
Caue                3                     3                        3

No comments:

Post a Comment